The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the client’s network architecture to ensure stability, security, and optimal performance.
- Design, configure, and deploy network hardware and software components, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Monitor network performance, analyze data, and identify and troubleshoot issues. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve them promptly.
- Implement network security measures to protect against unauthorized access and potential threats.
- Conduct regular network assessments and audits to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, and standard operating procedures.
- Stay updated on emerging network technologies and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure seamless network infrastructure integration with other systems.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users and colleagues on network-related matters.
- Manage network capacity and bandwidth requirements, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
- Plan and execute network maintenance activities, including software updates and patch management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field; relevant certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) are a plus.
- Proven experience in network engineering and administration.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools like Wireshark, SolarWinds, or Nagios.
- Proficiency in network configuration and management using Cisco, Juniper, or similar network devices.
- Knowledge of network security best practices and technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Should be willing to accept a long-term work-from-home arrangement.
- Should be amenable to a permanent night shift schedule.