As a Helpdesk Technician, you will provide Helpdesk support via phone, email, and computer chat. You will ask appropriate questions and use knowledge and resources to diagnose and resolve their issues. You will escalate issues that extend beyond the Tier I span of control.
- Create tickets that include the necessary information to work on the problem.
- Basic troubleshooting – reboot the device, narrow down the issue, and research the problem.
- Reset passwords – local passwords or domain passwords.
- Install software – MS Office, QuickBooks, printer drivers, Adobe Reader, etc.
- Set up email – configure email clients like Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.
- Documentation – Read and create KB articles for common issues.
- Remote access – Contact the customer & remotely access the computer for further troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of operating systems – know the typical ins & outs of Windows and Mac OS.
- Escalation & Collaboration – Work with fellow techs to resolve an issue or move it to Tier 2.
- Proven experience of working as an IT Help Desk Technician or Help Desk Specialist or relevant role.
- Hands-on experience in resolving technical issues.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and prioritize correctly.
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal directions.
- Strong documentation skills are a must.
- Should be willing to accept a long-term work-from-home arrangement.
- Should be amenable to a permanent night shift schedule.